Holiday house by the sea, sleeps 10
We have found Newport a holiday heaven for many years.
The Parrog, the area of the town by the sea, is ideal for kayaks, sailing, crabbing, windsurfing, shrimping, swimming, and walking the coastal path. At high tide, the sea laps against the sea wall by the house; at low tide, you can wade across the channel to a big, sandy beach the other side of the estuary. There are other lovely beaches not far away.
The little town itself, 5 or 10 minutes walk from the Parrog, has good food shops and several pubs and restaurants, as well as a lovely church, a library, post office, stationers and chemist, and a brilliant hardware shop that sells wetsuits and inflatable dinghies.
Newport also has
- a golf course overlooking the bay.
- a 2-court tennis club available to the public (book in the Information Centre, Long St).
- good riding nearby (about 10 minutes drive), with Carolyn Morgan at Crosswell Riding Stables, SA41 3XF, tel 01239 891262, and with Hannah Havard, a short drive in a Fishguard direction, tel 01348 811452.
- bike hire available at the Carningli Centre, Newport main street.
- great walks along the coast, up to Carn Ingli mountain, or along the peaceful Gwaun and Nevern valleys.